Take a Picture, it Will Last Longer :)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Prayers Were Answered











The whole time we have been here, I have been praying that God would send a rainbow. Well, today my prayers were answered. We set out after lunch to go to the site of the volcano eruption. Along the way we stopped at a really cool saga museum. We drove around the town closest hit by the volcano ash. It was amazing to see how deep the ash was and how much it had covered the farm land. Many of the lakes and rivers were very dirty from the ash buildup. The volcano is actually under the Eyjafjallajökull glacier. Dr. Grathwohl showed me pictures of what the glacier looked like last year. It was solid white and let me tell you...it is all black now. We could see some steam rising from it. We drove around to the other side to see the crater it left. It was just breathtaking to see the deep wet ash. After we left the volcano, we went to see a waterfall. This waterfall was not just any waterfall though, it was one you could walk behind. When we drove up, it appeared to be a beautiful cascading waterfall, but when I began to walk toward it, I saw something special...A RAINBOW! I exclaimed, "Look guys, God sent a rainbow." Yall would not believe the look on my face. I was so over joyed! I hope you enjoy the pictures. I wish they could do it justice, but it is so undescribable. I wish you could all see it with your own eyes. Everywhere you look there is something inspiring to see. I love days when we can enjoy the beauty of God's wonders. Tomorrow is an exciting day!! It is Iceland's Independence Day. We are traveling to Reyholt for a celebration :) I have my Iceland Flag ready to wave. It is kinda funny because I feel like I am part American and part Icelandic haha, even though I know that is not true. Iceland sure does have a special place in my heart! I Love You all and hope you are having a wonderful summer. Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, emails, and sykpe calls. I love that I can share Iceland with so many people I love!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I have to say that I am bursting with pride and happiness at what I see and read here. Of all the things on the internet that are placed by those I know personally, this gives me such great joy that I can hardly tell you. Thank you for being who you are, and doing what you do, as a woman in Christ. I am proud of you, Michelle. Tara and I love you very much. Both the girl and young lady you have been, and as the young woman you have become, we love you. God Bless you. Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see two beautiful rainbows in those pictures, dear! You are just as bright and fantastic as the one soaring across the sky! I CANNOT wait to see you in August and hear firsthand about all the spectacular things you've seen!

    (and I'm sorry I didn't post this a month ago! I've been having issues commenting, but I finally figured it out!)

    ReplyDelete